Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Promotion and Education
Director / Head:
Dr Oddrun Samdal
Research Centre for Health Promotion
University of Bergen
(47-55) 58 28 08 / 58 25 60
(47-55) 58 98 87
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to the HBSC (Health Behaviour of School-aged Children) research network, particularly European research work, by supporting countres in their data collection and the process of data documentation and expecially new countries to build capacity in data collectioni
- To manage & maintan the international data bank of the HBSC Study, building system for sharing data with external researchers and the public and provide WHO with relevant data from the study
- To develop methods of promoting health education & health promotion in schools.
- To serve as a resource centre of expertise on health promotion & health education research & related areas.
- Health promotion & education
- Adolescent health
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 4.1 - Support provided to Member States to formulate a comprehensive policy, plan and strategy for scaling up towards universal access to effective interventions in collaboration with other programmes, paying attention to reducing gender inequality and health inequities, providing a continuum of care throughout the life course, integrating service delivery across different levels of the health system and strengthening coordination with civil society and the private sector.
Ower: 7.3 - Social and economic data relevant to health collected, collated and analysed on a disaggregated basis (by sex, age, ethnicity, income, and health conditions, such as disease or disability).
BARNEKOW Vivian Birgitte
+45 45 33 66 14
+41 22 79 13299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork