Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology
Director / Head:
MScPharm Hanne Strøm
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology
Norwegian Institute of Public Health
Marcus Thranesgt 6, PB 4404 Nydalen
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To classify drugs according to the ATC system.
- To establish DDDs for drugs which have been assigned an ATC code.
- To review and revise as necessary the ATC classification system and DDDs.
- To stimulate and influence the practical use of the ATC system by cooperating with researchers in the drug utilization field.
- To organize training courses in the ATCDDD methodology and to lecture such courses and seminars organized by others.
- To provide technical support to countries in setting up their national medicines classification systems and build capacity in the use of medicines consumption information.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Provision of reference substances and other services
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
Ower: 11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
PEDERSEN Hanne Bak
+45 45 33 66 98
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork