Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology
Director / Head:
MScPharm Hanne Strøm
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology
Norwegian Institute of Public Health
Marcus Thranesgt 6, PB 4404 Nydalen
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To classify drugs according to the ATC system.
- To establish DDDs for drugs which have been assigned an ATC code.
- To review and revise as necessary the ATC classification system and DDDs.
- To stimulate and influence the practical use of the ATC system by cooperating with researchers in the drug utilization field.
- To organize training courses in the ATCDDD methodology and to lecture such courses and seminars organized by others.
- To provide technical support to countries in setting up their national medicines classification systems and build capacity in the use of medicines consumption information.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Provision of reference substances and other services
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
PEDERSEN Hanne Bak
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork