Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Director / Head:
Prof. Sally Casswell
Centre for Social and Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation (SHORE)
Level 7, Massey University House, 90 Symonds Street
(64-9) 366 6136
(64-9) 366 5149
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO in alcohol & other drug policy development.
- To collaborate in research on alcohol-related harm, alcohol consumption and policy relevant behaviours to support the strengthening of global epidemiological surveillance.
- To increase awareness and implementation of the Global Strategy to Reduce the Harmful Effect Use of Alcohol.
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 6.4 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substance use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 791 4307
+63 2 5289860
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork