Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Dental Epidemiology and Public Health
Director / Head:
Prof. W. Murray Thomson
School of Dentistry
University of Otago
P.O. Box 647 -
(64-3) 479 7113
(64-3) 479 7116
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- When requested by WHO, to assist and advise developing countries in the Region (particularly Pacific island countries) in conducting oral epidemiological research for the development of community oral health promotion.
- To help WHO in work for strengthening national health systems research for the orientation of oral health systems towards oral health promotion and improvement of the quality of oral health care.
- When requested by WHO, to provide assistance to countries in strengthening the capacity of oral health care delivery through providing training opportunities and involvement in continuing education. Priority is given to developing countries in the Region, particularly Pacific island countries.
- To provide consultancy advice and assistance to WHO at global and regional levels as required and agreed upon for the translation of oral health research into action programmes for promoting the oral health of disadvantaged population groups.
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
+41 22 79 13299
+63 2 5289860
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork