Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Dental Epidemiology and Public Health
Director / Head:
Prof. W. Murray Thomson
School of Dentistry
University of Otago
P.O. Box 647 -
(64-3) 479 7113
(64-3) 479 7116
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support WHO ORH in conducting oral epidemiological research for the development of community oral health promotion.
- To assist WHO ORH in work for strengthening national health systems research for the orientation of oral health systems towards oral health promotion and improvement of the quality of oral health care.
- To assist WHO ORH at global and regional levels for the translation of oral health research into action programmes for promoting the oral health of disadvantaged population groups.
- To support WHO ORH in strengthening the capacity of oral health care delivery through providing training opportunities and involvement in continuing education.
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
+41 22 791 1014
+63 2 5289860
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork