Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Immunotoxicology and Allergic Hypersensitivity
Director / Head:
Prof. dr. Henk VAN LOVEREN
Section of Immunotoxicology at the Laboratory for Health Protection Research
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
P.O. Box 1
(31-30) 274 3485
(31-30) 274 4446
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO, & the International Programme on Chemical Safety (IPCS), with evaluation of the human & environmental health risks associated with exposure to chemicals that can affect the immune system.
- To take a leading role in the development & validation of methodology for assessment of health risks associated with exposure to chemicals that can affect the immune system.
- To assist WHO, & in particular the IPCS, in health risk assessment & predictive testing for direct immunotoxicity, allergic hypersensitivity & autoimmunity.
- To serve as a clearing house for the collection & dissemination of information on immuno-toxicity.
- To advise on requests received from Member States concerning immunotoxic & allergic effects.
- To provide a resource for training & development of immunotoxicologists.
- Chemical safety
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Information dissemination
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
Ower: 8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
+41 22 79 11286
+45 45 33 68 22
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork