Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Immunotoxicology and Allergic Hypersensitivity
Director / Head:
Prof. dr. Henk VAN LOVEREN
Department for Innovative Testing Strategies, in the Centre for Health Protection
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
P.O. Box 1
(31-30) 274 2476
(31-30) 274 4446
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Assist WHO in the evaluation of predictive test methods and the development and harmonization of methodologies for assessment of health risks associated with exposure to chemicals that can affect the immune system.
- Assist WHO with evaluation of the human health risks associated with exposure to chemicals that
can affect the immune system, including advising WHO on requests received from Member States
concerning immunotoxic and allergic effects.
- Promote capacity building and training of risk assessors on immunotoxicology.
- Participate in, and contribute to, the WHO Chemical Risk Assessment Network.
- Chemical safety
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Information dissemination
- Collection and collation of information
3.5.2 - Norms, standards and guidelines to define environmental and occupational health risks and benefits associated with air quality, chemicals, water and sanitation, radiation, nanotechnologies, and climate change
+41 22 79 11286
JAROSINSKA Dorota Iwona
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork