Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Home and Leisure Accident Prevention
Director / Head:
Dr Wim H.J. ROGMANS
Consumer Safety Institute
P.O. Box 75169
(31-20) 511 4512
(31-20) 511 4510
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide technical assistance to injury surveillance capacity building in Europe (based on ICD-10/11 and ICECI),
- To facilitate the identification and dissemination of good practices in injury prevention
- To provide leadership in advocacy for injury prevention in Europe,
- To ensure continuity and permanent professional development of the series of World conferences on Injury prevention and Safety promotion
- To encourage a stronger NGO role in injury prevention capacity building
- To assist in the production of the World Report & derivative products.
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Provision of reference substances and other services
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
+45 39 17 13 26
KRUG Etienne G.G.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork