Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Risk Assessment of Pathogens in Food and Water
Director / Head:
Prof. Ana Maria de Roda Husman
Laboratory for Zoonoses and Environmental Microbiology
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
Antonie van Leeuwenhoeklaan 9 P.O. Box, 1
(31-20) 274 2661
(31-20) 274 4434
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO in development and application of microbial risk assessment (MRA) as a component of the evidence base for the effective control of microbial hazards in food and water to human health.
- To assist WHO in further development and dissemination of tools and data on food and waterborne disease burden estimation in a One Health approach.
- To assist WHO in awareness raising and capacity building for monitoring and surveillance for food and waterborne pathogens.
- To assist WHO in the development of guidelines for food and waterborne pathogens to human health.
- To assist WHO in raising awareness, strengthening knowledge, and developing and implementing guidance on antimicrobial resistance in food and water.
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
- Food safety
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Training and education
5.4.1 - Technical assistance to enable Member States to control risk and reduce the burden of foodborne diseases
CAWTHORNE Amy Louise
+41 22 791 1963
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork