Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Mental Health
Director / Head:
Professor Mohamed Agoub
Ibn Rushd University
Rue Tarik Ibn Ziad
(212] 6 61 15 19 46
(212-22) 5 26 21 39
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Development of a common language in the field of mental health including the development of classifications & diagnostic procedures suitable for use at different levels of the health care system and the support of the national policies and strategies development in line with the Regional and Global action plan on Mental health
- Research coordination & stimulation to develop & standardize research methods suitable for the investigation of mental & neurological disorders, & promote their uniform use.
- Studies on disease markers, risk factors & early developmental precursors of mental disorders in culturally & ecologically contrasting populations, with a view to their prevention.
- 4. Development & dissemination of knowledge of ways to prevent or manage social & health problems arising in connection with mental disorders & impairments.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Training and education
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
+202 227 65368
FUNK Michelle Karen
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork