Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Mental Health
Director / Head:
Professor Driss Moussaoui
Ibn Rushd University
Rue Tarik Ibn Ziad
(212] 61 15 19 46
(212-22) 26 21 39
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Development of a common language in the field of mental health including the development of classifications & diagnostic procedures suitable for use at different levels of the health care system.
- 2. Research coordination & stimulation to develop & standardize research methods suitable for the investigation of mental & neurological disorders, & promote their uniform use.
- 3. Studies on disease markers, risk factors & early developmental precursors of mental disorders in culturally & ecologically contrasting populations, with a view to their prevention.
- 4. Development & dissemination of knowledge of ways to prevent or manage social & health problems arising in connection with mental disorders & impairments.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
FUNK Michelle Karen
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork