Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS en matière de Formation et de Recherche dans le domaine de l'Eau potable et de l'Assainissement
Director / Head:
Mr Samir BENSAID
National Office of Electricity and Water Supply (ONEE)
Complexe du Bou-Regreg, Avenue Mohamed Belhassan El Ouazzani
(212-7) 75 77 86
(212-37) 75 39 19
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Technical Training: Training for engineers & technicians in the following fields:
a. Conception of water conveyance networks;
b. Practical & vocational training;
c. Sanitation training. .
- 2 . Supervision & Control of Water Quality:
Staff training for the preparation & carrying out of activities related to the supervision & control of water quality.
- 3. Trainer's Training:
Elaboration & handling of the trainers' training of the topics mentioned above.
- 4. Management & planning:
Training in the following fields:
a. Management of companies & water supply networks, including the managment at the intermediate level.
b. Planning, preparation & supervision of the projects.
- 5. Research & development of appropriate technologies.
- 6. Elaboration of directives & training equipment.
- 7. Organization of meeting & regional conferences.
- 8. Population sensitizing & education to a rational use of drinking water.
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
- Water & sanitation
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
5.2 - Norms and standards developed and capacity built to enable Member States to provide timely response to disasters associated with natural hazards and conflict-related crises.
8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
8.4 - Guidance, tools and initiatives created in order to support the health sector in influencing policies in other sectors to allow policies that improve health, the environment and safety to be identified and adopted.
AL-YOUSFI Ahmad Basel
+41 22 79 12090
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork