Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS en matière de Formation et de Recherche dans le domaine de l'Eau potable et de l'Assainissement
Director / Head:
Mr Samir BENSAID
Mr Ali Fassi Fihri
National Office of Electricity and Water Supply (ONEE)
Complexe du Bou-Regreg, Avenue Mohamed Belhassan El Ouazzani
+212 5 37 75 99 95
+212 5 37 63 91 58
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Training: To assist WHO in the training and capacity building in areas related to drinking water and Sanitation
- Technical Assistance: To support WHO in providing technical assistance to member states
- Collaborations: To collaborate with WHO on Water, Sanitation and pertinent Climate Change issues, along with potential participation of others (e.g., relevant international organizations).
- Conference Events: To organize together with WHO international/Regional conferences and seminars.
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
- Water & sanitation
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
5.2 - Norms and standards developed and capacity built to enable Member States to provide timely response to disasters associated with natural hazards and conflict-related crises.
8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
8.4 - Guidance, tools and initiatives created in order to support the health sector in influencing policies in other sectors to allow policies that improve health, the environment and safety to be identified and adopted.
AL-YOUSFI Ahmad Basel
GORDON Bruce Allan
+41 22 79 12728
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork