Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Medical Rehabilitation
Director / Head:
Dr. Luis Guillermo Ibarra
Dr. Daniel Chavez
Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Division
National Institute of Rehabilitation
Av. Mexico-Xochimilco 289
(55)59 99 08 38
(55)56 03 91 27
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contibute to PAHO/WHO in development guidelines on prevention and rehabilitation of disability in musculoeskeletal diseases.
- To assist PAHO/WHO in the implementation of prevention programs of disabilities at the countries level.
- On request of PAHO/WHO, to provide specialized training courses on rehabilitation of musculoskeletal diseases.
- To work with PAHO in developing disability research in musculoskeletal problems.
- Disabilities and rehabilitation (excluding accident prevention)
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
- Rheumatic diseases
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
VASQUEZ Armando Jose
OFFICER Alana Margaret
+41 22 79 12977
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork