Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Medical Rehabilitation
Director / Head:
Dr. Luis Guillermo Ibarra
Daniel Chavez Arias
Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Division
National Institute of Rehabilitation
Av. Mexico-Xochimilco 289
(55)59 99 08 38
(55)56 03 91 27
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contibute to PAHO/WHO in development guidelines on prevention and rehabilitation of disability in musculoeskeletal diseases.
- To assist PAHO/WHO in the implementation of prevention programs of disabilities at the countries level.
- On request of PAHO/WHO, to provide specialized training courses on rehabilitation of musculoskeletal diseases.
- To work with PAHO in developing disability research in musculoskeletal problems.
- Disabilities and rehabilitation (excluding accident prevention)
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
- Rheumatic diseases
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Training and education
2.4.1 - Implementation of the recommendations of the World report on disability and the High-level Meeting of the General Assembly on Disability and Development
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
VASQUEZ Armando Jose
CIEZA MORENO Maria Alarcos
+41 22 791 1998
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork