Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre in Health Technology
Director / Head:
Dr. Arturo Salazar
Dr. Francisco Ramos
Centro Nacional de Excelencia Tecnológica en Salud - CENETEC
Av. Reforma N. 450 Piso 13 - Col. Juarez, Del. Cuauhtemoc
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- At PAHO/WHO’s request participate in the integration and operation of the Health Technology Assessment Network of the Americas (RedETSA)
- Support PAHO/WHO in the development and exchange of information on guidelines, national plans, planning and evaluation of policies, and management of medical equipment.
- Support PAHO/WHO in the exchange of information and technical cooperation for training and strengthening, integration and implementation of clinical practice guidelines.
- In collaboration with PAHO/WHO exchange information on the development and implementation of telehealth services at different levels of care, including distance education, health websites and telemedicine.
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
- Patient safety
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
4.3.1 - Countries enabled to develop or update, implement, monitor and evaluate national policies on better access to medicines and other health technologies; and to strengthen their evidence-based selection and rational use
4.4.3 - Knowledge management policies, tools, networks and resources developed and used by WHO and countries to strengthen their capacity to generate, share and apply knowledge
Ower: 10.5 - Better knowledge and evidence for health decision-making assured through consolidation and publication of existing evidence, facilitation of knowledge generation in priority areas, and global leadership in health research policy and coordination, including with regard to ethical conduct.
VELAZQUEZ BERUMEN Adriana
+41 22 791 1239
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork