Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre in Health Technology
Director / Head:
Dr. Arturo Salazar
Dr. Francisco Ramos
Centro Nacional de Excelencia Tecnológica en Salud - CENETEC
Av. Reforma N. 450 Piso 13 - Col. Juarez, Del. Cuauhtemoc
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Participating in the integration and operation of the Health Technology Assessment Network of the Americas to facilitate the exchange of methodologies, information, and capacity support among countries in the region.
- Developing and sharing medical equipment management, information, guidelines, national plans and others for Biomedical, Clinical Engineering, planning and assessing purposes in Latin America, and participating in WHO consultations as an advisor for the work related to WHA60.29.
- Exchanging international information relating to the development of clinical guidelines based on evidence for different levels of care, according to epidemiological priorities.
- Creating and sharing a strategic plan to develop and to implement e-Health services in different levels of care, including tele-education, health websites, and telemedicine linked to the Electronics Health Record, aligned according to the global e-Health Observatory and EB117 and related resolutions.
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
- Patient safety
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
Ower: 11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
Ower: 10.5 - Better knowledge and evidence for health decision-making assured through consolidation and publication of existing evidence, facilitation of knowledge generation in priority areas, and global leadership in health research policy and coordination, including with regard to ethical conduct.
VELAZQUEZ BERUMEN Adriana
+41 22 791 1239
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork