Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Family of International Classifications
Director / Head:
Dr Juan Carlos Oropeza Reyes
Dr Luis-Manuel Torres
Classifications of Information on Health, General Direction of Health Information
Ministry of Health
Ave. Paseo de la Reforma 450, piso 11, Col. Juárez, Delegación Cuauhtémoc
(55) 5514 3356
(55) 5514 5294
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Assist WHO in the development, maintenance and revision of the Classifications, Terminologies and Standards (CTS) products, in particular the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF), the International Classification of Health Interventions (ICHI), and the International Classification of Traditional Medicine (ICTM), with their relevant terminological and ontological aspects.
- Support global work with active participation in implementation, education, update, revision, electronic tools, terminology, and other activities which assist WHO in the development, testing, implementation, use, improvement, updating and revision of the CTS products.
- Collaborate with local and regional users of classifications by networking, providing support for, and disseminating information about CTS products regarding the availability, suitability and applicability of the classifications for different purposes, in coordination with WHO.
- Promote the use of the CTS products through developing, formulating and sharing teaching materials, organizing and conducting local, regional and global training in coordination with WHO.
- Improve the level and quality of implementation of WHO classifications while supporting quality assurances procedures for CTS products in coordination with WHO
- Classifications of diseases
- Research policy & development
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
7.4 - Ethics- and human rights-based approaches to health promoted within WHO and at national and global levels.
RUIZ LUNA Patricia Lorena
KOSTANJSEK Nenad Friedrich Ivan
+41 22 79 13242
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork