Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Injuries and Violence Research
Director / Head:
Dr Rosario VALDEZ SANTIAGO
Centro de Investigación en Sistemas de Salud (CISS)
Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública
Av. Universidad No. 655 Col. Santa María Ahucatitlán
(52-777) 3293000 ext. 5326 (52777) 3293028 (52777)1012991 Direct
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1.To participate in research and training on violence and road traffic injury prevention in collaboration with PAHO /WHO
- 2. To provide capacity for the surveillance, understanding and prevention of injuries in the Latin America and Caribbean Regions, in collaboration with PAHO /WHO
- 3. To participate in the network of centers collaborating with PAHO - WHO to build and support international as well as national programs on injury prevention.
- 4. To assist PAHO & WHO in the preparation of technical documents & publications.
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
Types of activity:
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Information dissemination
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
RODRIGUES Eugenia Maria
KRUG Etienne G.G.
+41 22 791 3535
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork