Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Injuries and Violence Research
Director / Head:
Dr Rosario VALDEZ SANTIAGO
Centro de Investigación en Sistemas de Salud (CISS)
Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública
Av. Universidad No. 655 Col. Santa María Ahucatitlán
(52-777) 3293095, ext 5303
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To participate in research on traffic injury prevention & violence.
- 2. To provide capacity for the surveillance, understanding & prevention of injuries in the Latin American & Caribbean Regions.
- 3. To strengthen pre-hospital care for victims of violence injuries.
- 4. To implement traffic injury prevention programs in the Latin American & Caribbean Regions.
- 5. To participate in the network of centers collaborating with PAHO & WHO to build & support international & national programs on injury prevention & trauma care.
- 6. To assist PAHO & WHO in the preparation of technical documents & publications.
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
Types of activity:
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
RODRIGUES Eugenia Maria
KRUG Etienne G.G.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork