Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Development of Professional Nursing
Director / Head:
Mtr Rosa A. Zararte Grajales
Escuela Nacional de Enfermeria y Obstetricia
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Camino Viejo a Xochimilco S/N y Viaducto/Tlalpan Col. San Lorenzo Huipulco - 14370 México DF
(52-55) 55-73-0698 Ext, 289
(52-55) 55730698 Ext 273
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Collaborate with WHO/PAHO in analysis of situation and trends of nursing development in Latin America with emphasis in nursing workforce and professionalization of nursing personnel.
- 2.Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in supporting the orientation of nursing education towards MDGs, national health priorities and PHC with emphasis in nursing education in rural areas indigenous and other populations, with the support of new educational technologies and nursing networks.
- 3. Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in the development of nursing research priorities in Latin America.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
- Informatics and Telemedicine
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork