Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Development of Professional Nursing
Director / Head:
Mtra. Rosa A. Zárate Grajales
Mtra. Maria Dolores Zarza Arizmendi
Escuela Nacional de Enfermeria y Obstetricia
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Camino Viejo a Xochimilco S/N y Viaducto/Tlalpan Col. San Lorenzo Huipulco - 14370 México DF
(52-55) 55-73-0698 Ext, 289
(52-55) 55730698 Ext 281 & 289
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO to develop an integral proposal related to the quality improvement of nursing education within the Region.
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO to establish and develop the government nurses network in Latin America and Caribbean which providing opportunities for discussions on the current situation and tendencies of human resources nursing within the Region
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in the nursing development within the region through innovative nursing professionalization system which incorporates undergraduate and graduate education as well as permanent education.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
- Informatics and Telemedicine
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Training and education
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork