Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Environmental Epidemiology
Director / Head:
Dr Horacio RIOJAS RODRIGUEZ
Dirección de Salud Ambiental/Direction of Environmental Health
Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública (INSP)
Av. Universidad No. 655, Col. Sta. María, - 62508 Morelos
(52-777) 329 30 60
(52-777) 101 29 37
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To participe with PAHO in order to build profesional capacities in the field of environmental health.
- Strenghthen research in environmental health, primarily focused on climate change.
- Developing research projects in environmental health which will include the Environmental Epidemiology Approach on the PAHO Methodology as well as Risk Assessment.
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Provision of reference substances and other services
Ower: 8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
Ower: 8.6 - Evidence-based policies, strategies and recommendations developed, and technical support provided to Member States for identifying, preventing and tackling public health problems resulting from climate change.
SOARES DA SILVA Agnes
+1 202 9743315
NEIRA Maria Purificacion
+41 22 79 15526
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork