Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Drug Dependence, Alcoholism and Mental Health
Director / Head:
MsC. Guillermina Natera
National Institute of Psychiatry "Ramon de la Fuente Muniz"
Calzada México Xochimilco 101 Col. San Lorenzo Huipulco Del. Tlalpan, DF - 14370
(52-55) 5655 0185
(52-5) 655 0411
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To work with WHO and PAHO on strengthening mental health and substance abuse policies, plans and services.
- Assist WHO and PAHO on the implementation of the Global strategy to reduce the harmful use of alcohol, and regional plans of action (on alcohol and on substance use and public health), respectively.
- To contribute to WHO and PAHO efforts in improving epidemiological and other data to inform policy and service development for mental health and substance use disorders.
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Training and education
Ower: 6.4 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substance use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 79 14307
GOLDNADEL MONTEIRO Maristela
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork