Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Information
Director / Head:
Professor Rahmat Awang
National Poison Centre
Science University of Malaysia (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
(60-4) 657 0099
(60-4) 656 8417
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support capacity development and education of healthcare providers and consumers to improve prescribing and drug use practices.
- Design training to support rational evidence-based selection and use of effective, safe and quality medicines and other medical products.
- Create and develop health education materials using interactive multimedia (health informatics).
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
4.3.3 - Strengthening national regulatory authorities facilitated; norms, standards, guidelines for medical products developed; and quality, safety and efficacy of health technologies ensured through prequalification
+63 2 5289028
+41 22 791 3636
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork