Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Information
Director / Head:
Professor Rahmat Awang
Ms Chuah Lucie
National Poison Centre
Science University of Malaysia (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
(60-4) 657 0099
(60-4) 656 8417
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To adapt, develop, host and maintain the Rapid Alert System (RAS) for combating counterfeit medicines in Member States of the Western Pacific Region in particular, and World Health Organization in general.
- To develop, update & implement training modules on Drug Information in Developing Countries with emphasis on the needs of the Western Pacific Region.
- To arrange & conduct Fellowship Training in drugs as well as in poison information in support of the concept of rational drug use.
- To collaborate with the Western Pacific Regional Office in developing computer applications relating to drug information & pharmaco-informatics.the Western Pacific Regional Office in initiating a systematic data & information collection on activities related to the drug utilization, management & policies for identification of priorities & forecasting of needs.
- To support countries & areas in the Region on request of WHO to conceptualize, plan & set up drug information services tailored to their individual needs.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
+63 2 5289026
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork