Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Regulatory Control of Pharmaceuticals
Director / Head:
Mr Ann Ling Tan
Ms Vi Vian Soon
National Pharmaceutical Control Bureau (NPCB)
Jalan University, Ministry of Health
Lot. 36, Jalan University
+603 7883 5400
+603 7958 2960
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide training in all aspects of pharmaceutical quality assurance programme and regulatory matters, both in the region as well as globally.
- To carry out product analysis for reference purposes or on behalf of countries lacking quality control laboratories.
- To collaborate closely with WHO in drug regulatory matters, especially in the field of Prequalification both in assessment and inspection.
- To contribute to WHO work on the International Pharmacopeia and on activities related to the establishment of new International Chemical Reference Substances (ICRS).
- To collaborate with WHO in the monitoring of Pharmacovigilance/ Adverse Drug Reactions reports as well as dissemination of information pertaining to products with quality defects and/or safety concerns.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
+63 2 5289026
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork