Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Ecology, Taxonomy and Control of Vectors of Malaria, Filariasis and Dengue
Director / Head:
Dr Han Lim LEE
Division of Medical Entomology
Institute for Medical Research
(60-3) 2616 2688
(60-3) 2692 0675
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To conduct research in the field of all aspects of the ecology of all stages of the vectors of malaria, lymphatic filariasis & dengue.
- To undertake investigations on the proper identification & taxonomy of & the elucidation of the status of closely related group species of vectors & non-vectors of the three diseases above. .
- To search for newer methods & strategies for vector control & to undertake investigation in the laboratory & field on their practical feasibility.
- To undertake the planning & organization of individual & group training in the above for national & regional needs.
- Vector biology & control
- Filarial infections
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Training and education
Ower: 1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
+63 2 5289723
+41 22 791 1868
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork