Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Harm Reduction
Director / Head:
Prof.(HP) Dr. Rimantas Stukas
Public Health Institute, Faculty of Medicine
M.K. Čiurlionio str.21/27, LT-03101
+370 5 2398734, +370 5 2398738; Fax: +370 5 2398705
+370 5 2398734
+370 5 2398705
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to WHO efforts building capacity in providing high quality and credible services in the field of drug use.
- To provide technical support in the fields relevant to harm reduction in the Central and eastern Europe and central Asian (CEECA) region.
- To assist WHO adopt guidelines, advise and provide support in research and act as a knowledge resource.
- To network and build strategic partnerships promoting an evidence based and humane approach to drug use response in the CEECA region.
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 2.2 - Policy and technical support provided to countries towards expanded gender-sensitive delivery of prevention, treatment and care interventions for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, including integrated training and service delivery; wider service-provider networks; and strengthened laboratory capacities and better linkages with other health services, such as those for sexual and reproductive health, maternal, newborn and child health, sexually transmitted infections, nutrition, drug-dependence treatment service respiratory care, neglected diseases and environmental health.
DONOGHOE Martin Christopher
HIRNSCHALL Gottfried Otto
+41 22 791 2796
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork