Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Prevention & Control Noncommunicable Diseases
Director / Head:
Assoc. prof., PhD. Aurelijus Veryga
Public Health Research Centre
Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LSMU)
Tilžės g. 18
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- By request of WHO, hosting of the Secretariat of the CINDI network on Countrywide Integrated NCD Interventions.
- By request of WHO, training and capacity building in the area of NCD prevention and control.
- By request of WHO, contribute to the implementation of Global and Regional NCD Action Plan
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
VARGHESE Cherian V.
+41 22 791 3634
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork