Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Prof. Chung-Yill PARK
Dr Kim HyoungRyoul
Catholic Industrial Medical Centre (CIMC)
REPUBLIC OF KOREA
(82-2) 3779 1413 / 3779 1693
(82-2) 782 6017
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To exchange information & material on occupational health.
- 2. To undertake research activities in different fields of occupational health.
- 3. To coordinate research activities among the institutions carrying out similar or closely related studies.
- 4. To collect, corelate & provide available information on occupational health statistics & topics.
- 5. To participate in the network of WHO Collaborating Centres in Occupational Health, & in the implementation of the WHO Global Strategy for Occupational Health for All.
- Occupational health
- Research policy & development
- Chemical safety
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
8.4 - Guidance, tools and initiatives created in order to support the health sector in influencing policies in other sectors to allow policies that improve health, the environment and safety to be identified and adopted.
8.5 - Health-sector leadership enhanced for creating a healthier environment and changing policies in all sectors so as to tackle the root causes of environmental threats to health, through means such as responding to emerging and re-emerging consequences of development on environmental health and altered patterns of consumption and production and to the damaging effect of evolving technologies.
HASSAN Mohd Nasir
+855 23 216610
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork