Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research, Training and Reference Laboratory on Tuberculosis
Director / Head:
Dr Hee Jin kim
Korean Institute of Tuberculosis - The Korean National Tuberculosis Association
482, Mansu-ri, Kangwoi-myun
REPUBLIC OF KOREA
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To serve as a reference laboratory for identification and classification of mycobacteria and drug susceptibility testing
- To conduct training on bacteriology and quality assurance of bacteriological examination for mycobacteria
- To coordinate collaborative studies on quality assurance and standardization of laboratory techniques, and to serve as a reference laboratory in the drug resistance surveillance system
- To provide training in epidemiology and tuberculosis prevention and control to tuberculosis staff, physicians and nurses.
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
WHO organization wide expected result:
1.4 - Policy and technical support provided to Member States in order to enhance their capacity to carry out surveillance and monitoring of all communicable diseases of public health importance.
2.1 - Guidelines, policy, strategy and other tools developed for prevention of, and treatment and care for patients with, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, including innovative approaches for increasing coverage of the interventions among poor people, and hard-to-reach and vulnerable populations.
VAN WEEZENBEEK Catharina Simonne Beatrix
+63 2 5289706
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork