Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training for Nursing Development in Primary Health Care
Director / Head:
Dr Sunah Kim
Dr Sue Kim
College of Nursing
50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemoon-gu
REPUBLIC OF KOREA
(82-2) 2228-3220, 3276
(82-2) 392 5440
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To collect & disseminate information relevant to nursing's role in Primary Health Care (PHC)/community health services.
- 2. To provide technical collaboration in nursing education in the region and globally.
- 3. To monitor and report on national trends in nursing development in PHC/community health services.
- 4. To coordinate, conduct & participate in research projects relevant to nursing development in PHC/community health services.
- 5. To liaise with nursing education institutions within the country as well as with other WHO collaborating centres and networks for the strengthening of nursing development in PHC/community health services.
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
GEDIK Fethiye Gulin
+ 63 2 5289816
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork