Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
Director / Head:
Professor Zhamilya Erkinovna Battakova
National Centre for Problems of Healthy Lifestyles Development
86, Kunaev Street - 480100
Republic of Kazakhstan
+7 (7272) 91 20 81
+7(7272) 91 69 36
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Promoting integrated approach in the area of lifestyle-related risk factors: Activity for this term proposes further promotion projects of WHO, conducting research with evidence-based medicine, collecting data as well as training specialists from different fields. It also will include discharge of visual informational-educational, audio-, video materials, conducting large-scale campaigns, various actions. Recommendations of WHO in the area of lifestyle-related risk factors will be adopted & used.
- Support to the promotion of national infrastructures for lifestyle & health: Modelling healthy lifestyles network & infrastructure for the benefit of countries interested in using it. This will involve increasing the number of health promotion centers, educating, regional, district, urban personnel, development & promotion of collaboration efforts with other Ministries, NGOs, policy-makers, media, communities, including inter-sectoral coordination councils, development of normative-legal acts. There will be need for adjusting to the needs & circumstances of each individual country, elaboration of guideline, & creation of working group within countries.
- Addressing in depth selected areas of lifestyle related factors – tobacco, alcohol, physical activity: Support to the development & promotion of national action plans on tobacco, alcohol control in Central Asian Republics & other countries as deemed necessary, activities related to the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, European tobacco control strategy, European alcohol action plan, & the Global Strategy for Diet, Physical Activity & Health. Moreover, political & social environment recommendations for different target groups in those areas.
- Developing & promoting communication & advocacy tools in the area of lifestyle & health: The activity will propose tools of collaboration with policy-makers, mass-media, local administrations, international institutions, NGOs as well as conducting of workshops & press-conferences.
- Developing, translating & disseminating materials on lifestyle & health related work in Russian: The performance of this direction will be about translation of materials of WHO, international organizations, leading scientific institutions & their dissemination through websites, publication of guidelines & recommendation, application in educational programmes.
- Identifying & documenting best practices in the respective areas of work in CIS: To spread/disseminate best practices & progress in lifestyles & health field of countries in CIS, the proposed collaborating centre will organize international conferences, workshops & will publish regular Bulletin.
- Health promotion & education
- Cardiovascular diseases
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
WHO organization wide expected result:
6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 79 13299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork