Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
Director / Head:
Professor Zhamilya Erkinovna Battakova
National Centre for Problems of Healthy Lifestyles Development
86, Kunaev Street
Republic of Kazakhstan
+7(727) 2 91 20 81
+7(727) 2 91 20 81
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Provide the forum and framework for inter-sectoral and across society dialogue on health
promotion, facilitating the inter-sectoral actions for health promotion.
- Support development of national strategies and action plans based on relevant research and linked to Health 2020 in the area of tobacco, alcohol, healthy diets and physical activity.
- Developing & promoting communication & advocacy tools in the area of lifestyle & health
- Developing, translating, adapting & disseminating materials on lifestyle & health related work in Russian language
- Identifying & documenting best practices related to NCDs, tobacco, alcohol, nutrition and physical activity in CIS. (Former Sovjet Republics including Central Asia)
- Health promotion & education
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Collection and collation of information
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
RODRIGUES DA SILVA BREDA Joao Joaquim
+45 45 33 67 25
+41 22 791 3299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork