Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Tobacco Testing and Research
Director / Head:
Dr. Naoki KUNUGITA
Department of Environmental Health
National Institute of Public Health
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate and contribute within the WHO Tobacco Laboratory Network (TobLabNet) in particular and the Tobacco Free Initiative within
PND in general in the work plan on tobacco product testing and research.
- By request of WHO, to provide technical training on tobacco content analysis and emissions measurements in WPRO.
- By request of WHO, to provide technical support to WPRO countries in the testing and measuring of tobacco product content and emissions in WPRO pursuant to the guidelines on Articles 9 and 10 of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Provision of reference substances and other services
Ower: 6.3 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease and death associated with tobacco use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to tackle or prevent the public health problems concerned; support also provided to the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control for implementation of the provisions of the Convention and development and implementation of protocols and guidelines
+41 22 791 4705
DE PINHO CAMPOS Katia
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork