Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Mr Yasutaka Ogawa
International Centre for Research Promotion and Informatics
National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (JNIOSH)
(81) 44 865 6111
(81) 44 865 6124
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To participate in and contribute to the Global Plan of Action (GPA) to accomplish the WHO's Global Strategy of Occupational Health for All.
- To investigate and rectify occupational health problems specific to the Asia-Pacific Region & beyond, particularly in the key areas of health care workers' health.
- To provide technical training & assistance to help developing countries in the Asia Pacific Region overcome important workplace hazards, & meet the current & future needs of their workers, particularly those in vulnerable industries.
- To disseminate the WHO original products such as booklets and the other related publication by making Japanese translation version
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
HASSAN Mohd Nasir
+63 2 5289886
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork