Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health
Director / Head:
Dr Toru NISHIKAWA
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School
Tokyo Medical & Dental University
1-5-45, Yushima, Bunkyo-ku
(81-3) 5803 5237
(81-3) 5803 0135
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To promote research & training in biological psychiatry, psychopharmacology, psychiatric epidemiology & psychosocial & transcultural aspects of mental health problems.
(1)Development and Examination of the Validity of Diagnostic Marker Candidate Genes for Schizophrenia
(2) Development and Examination of the Validity of a Diagnostic Tool for Core Schizophrenia
(3) Development and Examination of the Validity of a Novel Pharmacotherapy for Schizophrenia
(4) Development and Examination of the Validity of a Novel Pharmacotherapy for Treatment-Refractory Depression
- To participate in international studies in the field of mental health.
Development and Evaluation of the ICD-11:
a)Participation in the discussion and clinical trials
b)Publication of Japanese edition
- To transfer technologies for treatment of mental disorders to developing countries/areas.
(1) Preparation of training programs for transferring clinical and research techniques in the field of psychiatry to developing countries
(2) Acceptance of students, researchers and clinical staffs from developing countries to transfer to them the technologies for diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+63 2 5289858
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork