Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nursing Development in Primary Health Care
Director / Head:
Dr Tomoko Kamei
Research Center for Development of Nursing Practice
St. Luke's College of Nursing
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. In agreement with WHO, to evaluate and develop further nursing models of People-Centered Health, based on the values of PHC, to contribute to Millennium Development Goals and Address the needs of aging society.
- 2. To contribute to WHOs work in furthering maximal utilization of health workers through nursing leadership in People-Centered Care and capacity-building and advancement of interdisciplinary advanced nursing practice (APN) education and service delivery.
- 3. To support the work of WHO in implementing research and system changes which improve the education and advanced practice of nursing and midwives in Primary Health Care (PHC).
- 4. To further progress toward MDG, Maternal and Child Health targets through expanded regional and global partnerships.
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
+63 2 52 89806
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 791 4314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork