Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Prof Ken Takahashi
Dr Ken Takashasi
Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences
University of Occupational & Environmental Health (UOEH)
1-1, Isegaoka, Yahatanishi, 807-8555
(81-93) 691 7401
(81-93) 601 7324
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to the Asian Asbestos Initiative of the South-East Asian and Western Pacific Regions.
- To contribute to the National profiles and programmes for the elimination of asbestos related diseases in the WHO European Region
- To contribute to the creation, dissemination, and evaluation of training and education to support occupational health in health systems.
- To provide WHO & other affiliated international organizations (ILO, UNEP), and NGOs (ICOH, AAOH) with expert technical advices and exchange programs of researchers on OHS topics.
- To contribute to the work of the Global Network of Collaborating Centres for the implementation of the Global Plan of Action for Workers’ Health.
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
HASSAN Mohd Nasir
+855 23 216610
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork