Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Community Water Supply and Sanitation
Director / Head:
Dr. Michihiro Akiba
Department of Water Supply Engineering
National Institute of Public Health
(81-48) 458 6271
(81-48) 458 6272
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To serve as a clearing house for technical & scientific information on drinking-water & associated sanitation issues.
- To contribute to the regional dissemination & exchange of technical & scientific information on drinking-water & associated sanitation issues.
- To conduct & coordinate specific research on drinking water & associated sanitation issues as requested by WHO with WHO funding.
- To train personnel from Member States in the Region involved in drinking-water & associated sanitation programmes by organizing & conducting WHO-sponsored national & regional training courses.
- Water & sanitation
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Provision of reference substances and other services
Ower: 8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
HASSAN Mohd Nasir
+63 2 5289886
GORDON Bruce Allan
+41 22 791 2728
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork