Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Community Water Supply and Sanitation
Director / Head:
Dr. Dai Simazaki
Dr, Mari Asami
Department of Environmental Health, Water Supply and Management Section
National Institute of Public Health
(81-48) 458 6271
(81-48) 458 6272
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To serve as a clearing house for technical & scientific information on drinking-water & associated sanitation issues.
- To contribute to the regional dissemination & exchange of technical & scientific information on drinking-water & associated sanitation issues.
- To conduct & coordinate specific research on drinking water & associated sanitation issues as requested by WHO with WHO funding.
- To train personnel from Member States in the Region involved in drinking-water & associated sanitation programmes by organizing & conducting WHO-sponsored national & regional training courses.
- Water & sanitation
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Provision of reference substances and other services
3.5.2 - Norms and standards established and guidelines developed for environmental and occupational health risks and benefits associated with, for example, air and noise pollution, chemicals, waste, water and sanitation, radiation, nanotechnologies and climate change
3.5.1 - Countries enabled to assess health risks and develop and implement policies, strategies or regulations for the prevention, mitigation and management of the health impacts of environmental and occupational risks
DE FRANCE Jennifer
+41 22 791 1540
HASSAN Mohd Nasir
+63 2 5289886
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork