Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Systems Research
Director / Head:
Dr. Yasuhisa Takeda
Department of International Medical Cooperation
National Centre for Global Health and Medicine (NCGM)
(81-3) 3202 7181
(81-3) 3202 4853
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist the HSD/WPRO/WHO in assessing the impacts of health system strengthening (HSS) and its coordination with disease-specific health programmes.
- To provide technical consultancies on health system strengthening
- Health systems research & development
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
Ower: 10.2 - National capacities for governance and leadership improved through evidence-based policy dialogue, institutional capacity-building for policy analysis and development, strategy-based health system performance assessment, greater transparency and accountability for performance, and more effective intersectoral collaboration.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
POSTMA Sjieuwke Eelco Jozef
BOERMA Jan Ties
+41 22 79 11481
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork