Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference on Smoking and Health
Director / Head:
Dr Yumiko Mochizuki
National Cancer Centre
5-1-1, Tsukiji, Chuo-ku
(81-3) 3542 2511
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To create web-based platform to enrich policy climate on tobacco control with a special focus on WHO FCTC and MPOWER.
- To help governments to mark World No Tobacco Days and other WHO events.
- To provide WHO with detailed, localised information on tobacco use, epidemiology of tobacco-related diseases, and health and economic impact of tobacco to Japan for development of MPOWER database.
- To support countries to implement the Western Pacific Regional Action Plan on Tobacco or Health and their National Action Plans.
- To strengthen bilateral or multilateral cooperation between WHO Collaborating Centers
- To develop and facilitate partnerships on tobacco control inviting different stakeholders to strengthen national capacities and regional capacities
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Provision of reference substances and other services
WHO organization wide expected result:
6.3 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease and death associated with tobacco use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to tackle or prevent the public health problems concerned; support also provided to the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control for implementation of the provisions of the Convention and development and implementation of protocols and guidelines
AUDERA-LOPEZ Maria Carmen
+63 2 5289897
+41 22 79 15495
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork