Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Standardization and Evaluation of Biologicals
Director / Head:
Dr Atsushi Kato
Department of Quality Assurance and Radiological Protection
National Institute of Infectious Diseases
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To support WHO in developing international written standards & guidelines for regulatory evaluation of vaccines and biologicals as well as implementing these standards into regulatory practices.
- 2. To contribute to the development and use of international measurement standards & reference reagents for vaccines and biologicals.
- 3. To support WHO on research & development of quality control assays for vaccines and biologicals, particularly the development of new and improved test methods following WHO priorities.
- 4. To support WHO in developing and implementing a training curriculum for standardization and regulation of vaccine and biologicals.
- 5. To contribute to strengthening institutional capacity of regulatory authorities through regional NRA alliance framework in WPR or other regions.
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
Types of activity:
- Provision of reference substances and other services
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Training and education
4.3.3 - Strengthening national regulatory authorities facilitated; norms, standards, guidelines for medical products developed; and quality, safety and efficacy of health technologies ensured through prequalification
+63 2 5289745
You can also contact:
- JEE Youngmee
- SHIN Jinho
- RESONTOC Editha
+41 22 791 3136
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork