Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nursing Development
Director / Head:
Dr Arwa Oweis
Faculty of Nursing
Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST)
P.O. Box 3030
(962-2) 720 1000 ext: 23606
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Serve as a training centre for nurses and midwives in various basic and advanced nursing and midwifery practice areas in response to the current health needs of the country and the region.making and practice.
- Serve as a resource center for advancement of nursing and midwifery education through strengthening capabilities of nurse educators and establishing educational certifying programs.
- Support utilization of research and relevant knowledge in creating evidence-based nursing and midwifery practice to promote the health of individuals, families, and communities at the national and regional levels.
- Contribute to the development of primary health care-based systems by strengthening human resources of nursing and midwifery to address:
-Health challenges of the country and the region (mental health, non communicable disease and school health services).
-Meet the Millennium Development Goals on improving the status of women and children at the regional level.
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
AHMED Fariba Abdul Wahab
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork