Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Cancer Education, Training and Research
Director / Head:
Dr Assem Mansour
Dr Mohammed Abu-Humaid
King Hussein Cancer Center
Queen Rania Al Abdullah St., P.O. Box 1269, Al Jubeiha, Amman 11941 Jordan 2.7 Address of the institution : Queen Rania Al Abdullah St., P.O. Box 1269, Al Jueiha, Amman 119
962 6 5354000
962 6 5353001
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- •Building capacity: Train health care providers in the following areas:
1. Palliative care: training of physicians, nurses, and pharmacists.
2. Pain Management:
3. Cancer Registry
4. Early Detection & protection
- •Sharing Experience intern of establishing of palliative care program, pain management team, cancer control program, Hospital pain registry, clinical trial, & community out of each program for early detection& prevention of cancer.
- •Internship program in the following Areas:
1. Palliative care
4. Nursing Oncology
5. Pediatric Oncology
6. Pain management
- Design training for Nurses in oncology area: This will include pain management and early detection & prevention in cancer.
- •Training or short fellowship: Clinical Pharmacy, lab Pathology, Medical Oncology, pediatric Oncology, and Surgical oncology.
- Coordinate for regional workshops, Conferences, & Seminars.
Types of activity:
- Training and education
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+202 227 65235
ULLRICH Andreas W.H.
+41 22 791 1292
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork