Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Traditional Medicine
Director / Head:
Prof. Umberto SOLIMENE
Centre of Research in Medical Bioclimatology, Biotechnologies & Natural Medicine
State University of Milan
Via Cicognara, 7
(39-02) 5031 8456-8
(39-02) 5031 8461
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To provide training opportunities on Traditional & Complementary Medicine (T&CM).
- 2. To promote and advocate for the proper use of T&CM by providers and consumers.
- 3. To build a network of key partners and donors to support WHO T&CM activities.
- Traditional medicine
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
+41 22 79 13698
PEDERSEN Hanne Bak
+45 45 33 66 98
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork