Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Traditional Medicine
Director / Head:
Prof. Umberto SOLIMENE
Centre of Research in Medical Bioclimatology, Biotechnologies & Natural Medicine
State University of Milan
Via Cicognara, 7
(39-02) 5031 8456-8
(39-02) 5031 8461
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support WHO in providing training opportunities on Traditional & Complementary Medicine (T&CM) and on Integrative Medicine.
- To support WHO in promoting the availability and reliability of treatment with T&CM and Integrative Medicine.
- To evaluate and integrate body techniques of T&CM and of Integrative Medicine in the health care system.
- Traditional medicine
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
+41 22 791 3698
PEDERSEN Hanne Bak
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork