Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Promotion at the Work Place
Director / Head:
Dr. Alberto Zucconi
Istituto dell'Approccio Centrato sulla Persona (IACP)
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II, 99
(39-06) 77 200 357
(39-06) 77 200 353
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To work with WHO in developing Personal Health Resources’ area on an on-line platform promoting the WHO healthy workplace framework.
- To collaborate with WHO to expand the Folic Project, creating tools for women workers and workers over 45 for integration in healthy workplace programmes.
- To collaborate with WHO in developing an education & training tool in workplace mental health promotion
- Collaborate with other CCs to work towards the implementation of the Global Plan of Action for Workers' Health.
- Occupational health
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
- Providing technical advise to WHO
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
+49 228 815 0431
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork