Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Maternal & Child Health
Director / Head:
Dr Marzia Lazzerini
Unit for Health Services Research and International Health
Istituto per l'Infanzia IRCCS Burlo Garofolo
Via dell'Istria 65/1
(39-040) 3785 236
(39-040) 3785 260
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Research activities for the development and assessment of appropriate technologies and interventions related to WHO programmes and initiatives on maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, including child health and environment.
- Development and field testing of guidelines and training materials on the use of appropriate technologies and interventions related to the same WHO programmes and initiatives.
- Support to the introduction, implementation and evaluation at country level of WHO programmes, plans and initiatives related to maternal, neonatal and child health.
- Child & maternal health
- Gender; Women & health
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 4.1 - Support provided to Member States to formulate a comprehensive policy, plan and strategy for scaling up towards universal access to effective interventions in collaboration with other programmes, paying attention to reducing gender inequality and health inequities, providing a continuum of care throughout the life course, integrating service delivery across different levels of the health system and strengthening coordination with civil society and the private sector.
WERE Wilson Milton
+41 22 791 2661
WEBER Martin Willi
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork