Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research & Training in Mental Health
Director / Head:
Prof. Mario MAJ
Department of Psychiatry
University of Naples
Largo Madonna delle Grazie
(39-081) 566 65 02
(39-081) 566 65 23
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To participate in collaborative research developed under the Organization's leadership; this will involve planning, conducting, monitoring & evaluating studies, as well as promoting the application of the results of research.
- To plan, organize and conduct, jointly with WHO, training activities such as courses & seminars, & of information exchange, such as scientific meetings related to WHO's mental health programme.
- To collect, collate & disseminate, as agreed with WHO, scientific information on selected topics, as well as providing expert comments & advice on various draft documents circulated by WHO.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Provision of reference substances and other services
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+45 45 33 68 46
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork