Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health and Service Evaluation
Director / Head:
Professor Corrado Barbui
Section of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Department of Medicine and Public Health
University of Verona
Policlinico G.B. Piazzale L.A. Scuro
+39 045 812 6418
+39 045 8027498
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Participation in collaborative projects under the Organization’s leadership, including systematic reviews and meta-analyses, implementation studies and analyses of existing WHO databases.
- Planning, organising and conducting, jointly with WHO, training activities such as courses and seminars and information exchange.
- Collecting, collating and disseminating, on behalf of WHO, scientific information on selected topics, as well as providing expert comments and advice on various draft documents circulated by WHO.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 791 3625
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork