Title of the centre:
WHO Collaboration Centre for Research on Trauma and Emergency Medicine and for Emergency and Disaster Management
Director / Head:
Dr Kobi Peleg
Israel National Center for Trauma and Emergency Medicine Research
Gertner Institute for Epidemiology and Health Policy Research
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support WHO in Capacity building for trauma system management and mass casualty events with a focus on Trauma Quality Improvement using WHO Quality Improvement Training Course
- Support WHO in the use of surveillance system for national reporting of trauma
- Support WHO in the development of capacities in injury and violence prevention, including national status reports in Road traffic injuries and interpersonal violence-
- Support WHO in building the evidence base for trauma and emergency medicine research
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
- Emergency & humanitarian action
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+45 45 33 68 42
KRUG Etienne G.G.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork