Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Capacity Building in Public Health
Director / Head:
Prof Yehuda Neumark
Braun School of Public Health & Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine
The Hebrew University Hadassah
POB 12272 - 91120
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To contribute to the development of innovative approaches of capacity building in public health.
- 2. To contribute to decision-making in policy development & prioritization in selected areas of public health (e.g., public health nutrition & health promotion).
- 3. To contribute to the Regional Human Resources for Health Programme (HRP) by developing & identifying models of good practice in public health, including professional education & performance.
- 4. To participate in a collaborative initiative with WHO/EURO & ASPHER on mapping & networking public health education capacity in the European Region.
- 5. To contribute to the consultancy framework to help tailor local implementation of public health policy.
- 6. To contribute to other issues as deemed relevant in the framework of the designation & as agreed between WHO/HRP & the institution on a per case basis.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
- Health systems research & development
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
6.5 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with unhealthy diets and physical inactivity, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
+45 45 33 68 09
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork