Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Study of Diabetes in Youth
Director / Head:
Prof Zvi LARON
Endocrinology & Diabetes Research Unit, Institute of Paediatric & Adolescent Endocrinology
Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel (SCMCI)
14 Kaplan Street - 49202
(972-3) 925 3610/1
(972-3) 922 2996
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To collaborate with other WHO collaborating centres on investigating the etiology and prevention of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents.
- 2. To train physicians and students from other countries on diabetes in youth.
- 3. To organize continuing education
- 4. To study with other centers the etiology of Type 1 diabetes with emphsis on the viral etiology
- 5.To investigate the relationship between Type 1 diabetes and other autoimmune diseases
- 6. To organize international multicenter workshops on diabetes
- Adolescent health
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 79 14306
+45 45 33 67 72
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork