Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Surveillance and Research in Suicide Prevention
Director / Head:
Professor Ella Arensman
Dr Eileen Williamson
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health
National Suicide Research Foundation
University College Cork, 4.28 Western Gateway Building
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Development and implementation of surveillance systems of suicide and suicide attempts.
- Implementation and evaluation of national suicide prevention programmes.
- Training and education in suicide and suicide attempt surveillance, research and prevention.
- Increasing awareness of suicide prevention among governments, stakeholders and the general public.
- Providing advice and sharing resources in suicide research and prevention with countries globally.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
2.2.1 - Countries’ capacity to develop and implement national policies and plans in line with the 2013–2020 global mental health action plan strengthened
2.2.2 - Mental health promotion, prevention, treatment and recovery services improved through advocacy, better guidance and tools on integrated mental health services
+41 22 791 3444
MUIJEN Matthijs Frederik
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork