Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Research & Training on Blood Safety
Director / Head:
Dr Gholamreza Toogeh
Mr Mostafa Moghadam
High Institute of Research and Education in Transfusion Medicine
Iranian Blood Transfusion Organization (IBTO)
IBTO Headquarters, Next to Milad Tower, Hemmat Express way
IRAN (ISLAMIC REP.)
0098 21 88601546
0098 21 88601545
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to the implementation of WHO policies and guidelines on blood safety in the region.
- To support WHO in establishing regional network on blood safety.
- To support WHO policies and objectives by organizing and holding training courses, workshops and conferences for other countries in the region on voluntary blood donor recruitment and quality system.
- Blood Transfusion Safety and Blood Products
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
+41 22 791 2607
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork