Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Education and Research in Nursing and Midwifery
Director / Head:
Dr Fatemeh Oskouie
Nursing Care Research Center
Iran University of Medical Sciences
Rashid Yasami St., Valiasr Ave.,
IRAN (ISLAMIC REP.)
+98 21 88671613, +98 (912) 150 7432
+98 (21) 88671613
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- •Cooperating with WHO to support educational institutions in the Region and promotion of nursing and midwifery programmes quality.
- •Facilitating access to knowledge related to nursing and midwifery disciplines including: Education, Practice, Research and Administration through systematic scientific enquiry.
- •Supporting WHO in educating nursing and midwifery teachers.
- •Collaboration with WHO in training specialist nurses & midwives through short and long term courses.
- •Responding to educational consultation requests from WHO and Eastern Mediterranean Member States in the field of nursing and midwifery and evidence based nursing education and practice.
Types of activity:
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
+202 227 65079
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 791 4314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork