Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research on Gastrointestinal Cancers
Director / Head:
Professor Reza Malekzadeh
Upper Gastrointestinal Cancers Research Group
Digestive Diseases Research Centre
Shariati Hospital North Kargar Ave.
IRAN (ISLAMIC REP.)
(98 21) 82415000
(98 21) 82415400
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To carry out research and share it with WHO in the field of upper gastrointestinal cancers with special reference to the epidemiology and early diagnosis/treatment
- To collect, evaluate & circulate information on research & prevention of oesophageal &gastric cancer.
- Providing the appropriate training programs on traditional and genetic epidemiology and molecular biology of cancer along with research on primary and secondary prevention of gastrointestinal cancer
- To contribute, individually and within networks, to WHO programme activities, whether in support of country programmes or by participating in international cooperative activities;
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
ULLRICH Andreas W.H.
+41 22 79 11292
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork