Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Cardiovascular Diseases Control, Prevention, and Rehabilitation for Cardiac Patients
Director / Head:
Prof. Nizal Sarrafzadegan
Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Centre
P.O. Box 81465-1148 -
IRAN (ISLAMIC REP.)
(98-311) 3377888/ 3377889
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support WHO in the assessment of salt and fat intake and in the provision of technical support to Member States to implement the WHO best buys to address these risk factors.
- Assist WHO in building capacity in noncommunicable diseases surveillance.
- Assist WHO in building capacity in the integration of interventions for noncommunicable diseases into primary health care.
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
MENDIS Shanthi P.B.
+41 22 79 13441
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork