Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Cardiovascular Diseases Control, Prevention, and Rehabilitation for Cardiac Patients
Director / Head:
Prof. Nizal Sarrafzadegan
Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Centre
P.O. Box 81465-1148 -
IRAN (ISLAMIC REP.)
(98-311) 3377888/ 3377889
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support WHO in the assessment of salt and fat intake and in the provision of technical support to Member States to implement the WHO best buys to address these risk factors.
- Assist WHO in building capacity in noncommunicable diseases surveillance.
- Assist WHO in building capacity in the integration of interventions for noncommunicable diseases into primary health care.
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
2.1.1 - Development of national multisectoral policies and plans for implementing interventions to prevent and control noncommunicable diseases facilitated
2.1.2 - High-level priority given to the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases in national health planning processes and development agendas
2.1.3 - Monitoring framework implemented to report on progress in realizing the commitments made in the Political Declaration of the High-Level Meeting of the General Assembly on the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases and the global action plan for the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases (2013–2020)
MENDIS Shanthi P.B.
+41 22 791 3441
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork