Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Nutrition
Director / Head:
Dr Hajifaraji Majid
National Nutrition and Food Technology Research Institute
Ministry of Health and Medical Education
46 Arghavane-Ghabri, Farahzadi Blvd., Shahrake Qods
IRAN (ISLAMIC REP.)
(98-21) 2236 0661
(98-21) 2236 0660
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To promote relevant research & training activities to nutrition problems priorities at national & regional level
- 2. To develop & use training capacity to meet national & regional nutrition training needs.
- 3. To establish institutional linkages with nutrition service departments & other research/training centres within the country & support their work.
- 4. To participate actively in the regional networking activities & share experience, & maintain effective communication with other centres in the Regional Research Network (planned).
- 5. To act as a regional resource in the area of expertise agreed upon with WHO & the network (planned).
- 6. To conduct research in collaboration with WHO & other relevant UN agencies, & participate in relevant multi-center research activities initiated in the Region.
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
Ower: 6.5 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with unhealthy diets and physical inactivity, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
+41 22 791 1025
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork